STAR Academy: Grease
Book, Music, and Lyrics by Jim Jacobs and Warren Casey
Grease is by-audition only. Those interested in participating must audition in advance on March 16, 2021.
Rehearsals: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm, July 12 – August 6
Performances: August 5-8
It’s the energetic and electric musical comedy tribute to the age of rock ‘n roll. Join in the fun of the hilarious antics of Rydell High’s class of ’59 and rock to songs like “Summer Nights,” “Beauty School Dropout” and “Greased Lightning.” One of the world’s most popular musicals, Grease follows “greaser” Danny Zuko and new girl Sandy Dumbrowski and their cadre of pals as they sing and dance their way through high school.
Students aged 13-18 have the opportunity to rehearse and perform this iconic musical in the STAR Academy summer theatre camp program! During this intensive program, you will receive training in acting, singing, and dancing under the tutelage of professional teaching artists. No prior performance experience is required to audition, but students participating in this program will be expected to learn, grow, and become part of a professional arts community.
Whether you are a soon-to-be graduating high school student hoping to gain performance experience for your college resume or a theatre-lover looking to step onto the stage for the first time, there is a place for you here.
“Grease” is presented by special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc., a Concord Theatricals Company. www.concordtheatricals.com
For questions or more information, contact Steven Calakos at [email protected]
– Auditions –
Auditions: March 16 from 5PM-8PM at the Norris Center (755 8th Avenue South). Face coverings must be worn at all times except during the audition.
- Please bring a headshot and resume, if possible.
- You may sing two musical theatre selections or 1 song and 1 monologue.
- A monologue no longer than one minute. Memorization is preferred. The character in the monologue should be one of the same age and gender as the actor.
- The song, or part of a song, should be no longer than two minutes and should demonstrate the singer’s range.
- Please bring sheet music in the correct key. An accompanist will be provided.
- There will be a dance call – please bring/wear movement clothes.
Please fill out this Pre-Audition form to register for your audition:
– Scholarships –
Need-based scholarships applications are currently being accepted.
COVID-19 Safety Procedures
- Student temperatures will be taken upon arrival;
- Students will rehearse in groups of 10 or fewer;
- Students and staff will wear face coverings at all times.