Fall 2020 Theatre Class
Students of all experience levels are invited to participate in these amazing after-school theatre classes taught by experienced theatre professionals. Participants will learn about singing, acting, and dancing on the stage through performance in two full productions, Ebenezer (ages 8-18) and Little Women (ages 13-18). Students may audition for one or both productions!
For questions or more information, contact Steven Calakos at [email protected]
Little Women: The Musical
Music by Jason Howland, Lyrics by Mindi Dickstein, and Book by Allan Knee. Based on the novel by Louisa May Alcott.
Audition Callbacks: September 9 from 5PM-7PM
Rehearsals: Monday/Wednesday from 5PM-8PM
Performances: December 4-6
Based on Louisa May Alcott’s beloved novel, aspiring professional author Jo March writes the story of her and her sisters, Meg, Beth, and Amy, as they grow up in Civil War-era Massachusetts. Their adventures lead them on journeys of personal discovery, heartache, and hope in this inspiring musical. Students 13-18 will rehearse and perform this Tony-nominated musical during this after-school theatre class while receiving training in acting and musical theatre performance from professional artists. No prior experience is necessary, but students must have a willingness to learn, grow, and become a part of a professional arts community.
by Malcolm Sircom
Audition Callbacks: September 10 from 5PM-7PM
Rehearsals: Tuesday/Thursday from 5PM-8PM
Performances: December 17-19
Charles Dickens beloved and timeless tale A Christmas Carol comes to life in this one-act musical that blends modern musical styles and traditional Christmas carols. The story of Ebenezer Scrooge has never sounded better. In this by-audition program, students 8-18 will rehearse and perform this uplifting holiday story during this after-school theatre class while building self-confidence and teamwork, all while refining their musical theatre performance skills. No experience is necessary.
Combined Auditions: September 8 from 5PM-8PM at the Norris Center (755 8th Avenue South). Face coverings must be worn at all times except during the audition.
- Please bring a headshot and resume, if possible.
- You may sing two musical theatre selections or 1 song and 1 monologue.
- A monologue no longer than one minute. Memorization is preferred. The character in the monologue should be one of the same age and gender as the actor.
- The song, or part of a song, should be no longer than two minutes and should demonstrate the singer’s range.
- Please bring sheet music in the correct key. An accompanist will be provided.
Please fill out this Pre-Audition form to register for your audition:
Need-based scholarships applications are currently being accepted.
COVID-19 Safety Procedures
- Student temperatures will be taken upon arrival;
- Students will rehearse in groups of 10 or fewer;
- Students and staff will wear face coverings at all times.