Work With Us
Gulfshore Playhouse, a world-class regional theatre in Naples, FL, seeks a creative, team-oriented Sound Engineer for immediate hire.
Duties include but are not limited to:
– Overseeing the realization of the sound designs as envisioned by the Sound Designer, Director and Artistic Director, including obtaining rental packages, equipment load-in, and Qlab updating
– Managing an intern in cooperation with the Master Electrician
– Maintaining and troubleshooting all sound equipment
– Attending all production meetings, load-ins, and technical rehearsals
– Performing the duties of Light and Sound board operator for two performances a week
– Assisting with lighting hang and focus
– Assisting in the scene shop as needed
Qualified candidates should have previous work experience in live entertainment and knowledge of working with analog and digital sound boards, Q-Lab, wireless body microphones, and equipment maintenance and rentals. The Sound Engineer reports directly to the Production Manager and has the opportunity to acquire health coverage in addition to a weekly salary and vacation time.
Located in Naples, Florida, Gulfshore Playhouse was founded in 2004 and has experienced fifteen years of explosive growth based upon production and arts-education success. From modest beginnings, the organization today has a 9 month production season, extensive educational and public programs that engage both underserved and prosperous segments of the community, an annual budget of $4.6m, a 20 member Board, 34 full-time staff, roughly 100 volunteers, more than 1,300 subscribers, and an annual attendance of approximately 30,000.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200 seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. A $10m challenge gift from long–time benefactors Patty and Jay Baker was announced in 2016 to seed a sustaining endowment and ignite a multi-million dollar capital campaign to build a state-of-the-art professional theatre and education center in downtown Naples. While the campaign is ongoing, the building project has just completed the schematic design phase.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and references to Emily Malmborg, Production Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
GULFSHORE PLAYHOUSE SEEKS ANNUAL GIVING AND EVENTS MANAGER
Gulfshore Playhouse, a not-for-profit, professional theatre company located in Naples, Florida, is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented, and experienced individual to serve as Annual Giving and Events Manager.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200 seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. A $10m challenge gift from long–time benefactors Patty and Jay Baker was announced in 2016 to seed a sustaining endowment and ignite a multi-million dollar capital campaign to build a state-of-the-art professional theatre and education center in downtown Naples. While the campaign is ongoing, the building project has just finished the schematic design phase.
Status: Full-time, year-round position
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Cultivating donors through personal meetings, events, greeting at the theatre, customer service, and direct solicitation with a focus on donors $10,000 and under
- Overseeing benefit fulfillment and stewardship for donors in conjunction with Chief Advancement Officer
- Developing and implement annual fund micro-campaigns and e-communication campaigns with annual donors
- In conjunction with the Chief Advancement Officer, develop and coordinate all direct mail efforts
- Prepare reports on the success of the annual fund as requested
- Managing specific aspects of all fundraising events including Gala, Rising Stars Luncheon, Donor appreciation events, Founder’s Dinner, Opening Nights, and other season-oriented celebrations
- Supporting the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations in soliciting sponsorships for events
- Providing strategy and supervision to Events Coordinator on fundraising events
- Participating in Event Planning Meetings
- Reviewing current event reports; advising and establishing best systems to track and manage future fundraising events
- Managing Monthly Fundraising Pipeline Report and integrity of reporting system
- Establishing a series of quarterly touches with donors to move them through the donor pipeline and ensure success with reaching annual giving goals
- Coordinating with the Moves Management Manager on donor data information and touches
- Coordinating with the Development Assistant for timely dissemination of all acknowledgement letters and renewal, lapsed, and acquisition letters
- Training staff as necessary in maintaining compliance standards for preparing acknowledgements, correspondence, updating records, etc
The ideal candidate will have a willingness to ensure high-quality work in the donor experience, excellent communication and organizational skills, and leadership capabilities. The Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. The Annual Giving and Events Manager will be expected to work extended hours when necessary to meet goals. Weekend and evening hours are required including attendance at Opening Nights and some show performances, special events, and/or meetings that may happen outside normal hours.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Three to five years of experience in development and/or events management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with a team and build relationships with the donors and community
- Comfort with current software such as Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Excel, Google Drive, Calendar, and Docs, and ticketing software a must
- Comfort with interfacing with patrons, donors, and board members alike
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of references to email@example.com. Background checks will be performed on all applicants.