Work With Us
GULFSHORE PLAYHOUSE SEEKS OFFICE MANAGER/BOOKKEEPER
Gulfshore Playhouse, a not-for-profit, professional theatre company located in Naples, Florida, is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented and experienced individual to serve as Office Manager/Bookkeeper.
Gulfshore Playhouse offers a diverse season of straight plays and small musicals ranging from venerated classics and Broadway hits to contemporary works and world premieres. The Playhouse is passionately committed to producing high-quality, professional theatre which exceeds the expectations of the cultured residents and visitors of Naples, FL, many of whom are regular theatre patrons in New York, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200 seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. The Playhouse is currently in the middle of a $60M capital campaign to build in a state-of-the-art theatre and education center, featuring two theatres and plenty of education space. The project is currently in the construction document phase.
Status: Full time, year-round position
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Oversee activities in the administrative office including but not limited to ensuring all offices and public spaces are well kept, providing maintenance and/or support of any phone, copier, internet, computer equipment, or other office equipment, and ordering and maintaining office supplies;
- Assisting in the onboarding/off boarding of personnel and independent contractors, ensuring proper paperwork is processed and in place with appropriate payroll company and health insurance provider;
- Maintaining detailed and accurate bookkeeping and financial reports by entering all income and expense transactions into accounting system, including all credit card transactions and payments; managing all bank accounts; managing accounts payable and receivable, including reimbursements, executing payroll and any payroll transactions;
- Creating and tracking all invoices and payments for accounts receivable;
- Assisting in the creation for ticketing reports and financial reports, including cash flow forecasting;
- Maintaining the use of best accounting practices in accordance with GAAP, including assisting with establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures;
- Maintaining a documented system of accounting policies and procedures;
- Supporting Director of Finance in the month-end, show-end, and year-end closing process;
- Ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting;
- Performing reconciliations on all accounts and reconciling ticketing services charges and receivables;
- Running checks weekly as approved by Director of Finance;
- Providing information to external auditors along with Director of Finance.
The Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. The Office Manager/Bookkeeper will be expected to work extended hours when necessary to meet goals. Weekend and evening hours are required including attendance at Opening Nights and some show performances, special events, and/or meetings that may happen outside normal hours.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to work with a team;
- Experience with accounting software such as Quickbooks Online;
- Skills with current software such as Microsoft Excel, Google Drive, Calendar, and GoogleDocs a must;
- The capability to interface with students, patrons, donors, and board members alike;
- Proficiency with technology and a willingness to learn ticketing software;
- Familiarity with Theatre and/or Performing Arts, preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Gulfshore Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse staff; we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups and diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of references to [email protected].