Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Accessibility
We create experiences to the highest professional standards for all people. True to our mission statement and organizational charter, we are creating a place where diverse groups of people can experience, enjoy, and participate in professional theatre and educational programming produced to the highest artistic standards. Because our mission is to use theatre as a means of understanding our common humanity, our goal is to uphold an organizational culture that fosters a sense of belonging among our staff and the community of artists, students, and audience members we serve. We promote equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility as a cornerstone of our operations, acknowledging that this ongoing work requires a continuous investment of time, resources, and understanding.
At Gulfshore Playhouse, we are committed to being an agent of change in the theatre industry and in our community through storytelling, relationship-building, and educational opportunities, helping us become a more equitable, inclusive, anti-racist, and diverse institution. Theatre creates many opportunities for people from all walks of life to come together and experience art as a community while creating dialogue that broadens our perspectives and our understanding of one another.
If you have would like to learn more about the work we are doing, please reach out to Audrey Zielenbach (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dave Blount (email@example.com) for more information.
Cultural Impact Committee
The Cultural Impact Committee is comprised of cross-departmental staff members. The Committee’s mission is to work with leadership and staff to develop and promote meaningful initiatives that promote equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility at Gulfshore Playhouse.
- Ideate, promote, execute, and oversee initiatives that advance EDI&A at Gulfshore Playhouse
- Create opportunities to learn about various aspects of EDI&A, including staff engagement opportunities and connecting Gulfshore Playhouse with the wider community through partnerships, volunteer opportunities, etc.
- Serve as advocates and resources for the wider Gulfshore Playhouse staff. The Committee will be available for the staff to voice ideas to and the Committee will be able to direct people to appropriate venues to seek resolution for concerns.
- Interface with organizational leadership to create sustainable change when necessary.
- Ensure EDI&A standards and activities are being effectively communicated to staff, Board, and wider community.
- Assist in facilitating bi-annual EDI&A workshops for entire staff.