Every production, event, and program you experience at Gulfshore Playhouse is thanks to the talent and dedication of dozens of staff members working tirelessly behind the scenes. During a time when we are grappling with so many unknowns, together we can ensure that these talented individuals see a light in the darkness. Your support will make sure they will be waiting in the wings to bring you innovative theatrical experiences of the highest caliber once the pandemic is behind us.
Catalyst Funding Initiative
Action plan for recovery and opportunity
Due to this pandemic, the professional performing arts are in peril. This initiative is designed to sustain Gulfshore Playhouse through this extraordinary period so we can continue to create for you the magic of theatre – classics, new works, dramas, comedies, and musicals – as well as unique educational opportunities now and in the future. By investing in the future of Gulfshore Playhouse, you are honoring the arts, safeguarding professional theatre, and ensuring the longevity of one of Naples’ anchor cultural institutions.
- Create an economic lifeline for Gulfshore Playhouse and our artists during the pandemic and recovery period.
- Institute a sustainable financial model to weather the pandemic that acknowledges the need for increased philanthropy and non-ticket-based revenue.
- Establish a new economic model for longevity.
- Reinforce and expand our robust cultural presence while continuing efforts to build the new Gulfshore Playhouse Cultural Campus in downtown Naples.
- Leverage new programming opportunities, scalable live performances, and digital assets.
- Participate in active healing for our community through theatre.
- Responsibly return to a full schedule of live performances as soon as possible.
The Way Forward
Your much-needed support can help us imagine safe, new artistic opportunities, safety-conscious live shows, and continued Gulfshore Playhouse offerings for the community.
- Spring 2021 Live Performances: National mandates by the medical community and artistic unions mean we will be operating at a significantly reduced programming and audience capacity. We seek to provide a number of in-season benefits to support Gulfshore Playhouse while maintaining new safety standards.
- Substantive and Increased Education Programming: We are investing in our STAR Academy to provide artistic experiences and professional training for our youth performers through two fall musical productions, as well as continuing to offer new opportunities in the spring. Additionally, we are working with schools to provide our ThinkTheatre residencies virtually. Finally, we are expanding our community partnerships with the Holocaust Museum and Artis—Naples, investing time, talent, and financial resources into ensuring these programs meet the needs to the community.
- Dedicated Internship Programs: Gulfshore Playhouse annually recruits and employs numerous interns and apprentices across the departmental spectrum. We are invested in expanding and deepening this program
Areas of Need
Your investment in our Catalyst Funding Initiative will allow Gulfshore Playhouse to produce a safety-minded 2020/21 Season, ramp up for Fiscal Year 2022, and maintain our treasured staff as we prepare for the opening of our Cultural Campus.
We ask you to help Gulfshore Playhouse meet the goal of raising $1,500,000 by June 30, 2021. These funds, combined with revenue we will raise during our annual Gala, will sustain Gulfshore Playhouse as the organization re-imagines Fiscal Year 2021 and prepares for what we hope is a regular six-show season in Fiscal Year 2022.
The Catalyst Funding Initiative will support Gulfshore Playhouse broadly, including the following four areas:
Artistic and Creative Personnel: $1,100,000
- Offset reduced revenues resulting from capacity limitations, cancelled productions, or lower attendance due to the pandemic.
- Produce small live performances, benefits, cabarets, and alternative programming.
- Create and promote digital performances to offset patron loss due to limits on live gatherings.
- Maintain critical employees and training to ensure we are ready for the following season.
- Provide artist and designers compensation mandated by Actors’ Equity Association and other performing arts labor unions.
Education and Community Programming: $245,000
- Maintain and expand community partnerships. These include the continued development of So Much Drama wth the Naples Philharmonic and the creation of a new play with the Holocaust Museum.
- Help our in-school cross-curricular programming adapt to the new landscape so students can continued having their education enhanced by theatre-based techniques. We are also forging relationships with area teachers by creating Professional Development programs that will help them infuse arts education into their classrooms.
- Offset the cost of our Professional Internship program which provides housing and a weekly stipend to emerging theatre professionals.
Technology and Business: $155,000
- Investments in digital technology to enhance Gulfshore Playhouse operations, allowing for virtual meetings, which support appropriate distancing while maintaining effective operations.
- Filming each production for digital distribution is an investment.
- An increased need for PPE and sanitization products, as well as additional housing and cars to keep actors and visiting artists safe, in addition to the COVID testing required by the actors union.
The Gulfshore Playhouse Cultural Campus
As we near the groundbreaking for our new Cultural Campus, it is absolutely necessary that we retain and nurture current team members who will be integral to the successful opening of the new building. This requires we continue to pay salaries and benefits appropriately as we grow, despite an anticipated loss in revenue now and through the end of 2021.
For More Information
GULFSHORE PLAYHOUSE is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization (U.S. EIN: 90-0178566) regulated by the Florida Division of Agriculture and Consumer Services pursuant to the Florida Solicitation of Charitable Contributions Act. Our FDACS Number is CH19104. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE WITHIN THE STATE (800-435-7352) OR VISIT www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.