Health and Safety
A Safety First Approach
The safety, comfort, and well-being of our patrons, staff, students, and artists is our top priority.
Our team has been hard at work integrating new protocols across all levels of our organization to ensure we can deliver world-class experiences to you in as safe a manner as possible. We have worked in conjunction with national and state health guidelines, medical professionals, local business leaders, and our union partners to create a comprehensive safety plan that is intended to mitigate risks as much as possible so we may gather and enjoy all that live theatre has to offer.
Currently, we require face masks be worn by all audience members over the age of two. Additionally, Synexis™ systems are located in the theatre. This innovative technology is proven to kill 99.9% of the virus that causes COVID-19 using dry hydrogen peroxide. We have additional safety protocols in place and we encourage you to continue reading to learn more.
Thank you for your continued support and patience as we navigate this new normal together.
If you have questions, please contact us at 239-261-7529 or email us at [email protected]
A New Patron Experience
Things may look a little different, but we are implementing many new policies to help make your experience as smooth and as safe as possible.
- Following the advice of health officials regarding the prevention of transmission, Gulfshore Playhouse will be requiring all patrons, volunteers, and staff to wear face coverings at all times within the performance venue for the foreseeable future.
- Upon arrival at the performance venue, all patrons, staff, and volunteers will have their temperature taken with a non-contact infrared thermometer.
- We ask that you stay home if you are feeling ill or have recently been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19 or is experiencing symptoms. Our staff and volunteers will be expected to do the same. Should this occur, please contact our Box Office in advance of the performance so we can discuss your ticket options.
- Physical playbills will be available to those who wish to have one (no recycling of playbills will occur), but season playbills will be available digitally to view on a personal device.
- Doors to the Norris Center will be open beginning one hour prior to the performance, with house doors opening 30 minutes prior to the performance.
- We ask that you please enter the theatre as soon as the house doors have opened.
- For the safety of our performers and your fellow audience members, we ask that your face covering remains on throughout the performance and until you exit the building.
- Arthrex have made a commitment to support the future health and safety of staff and patrons at Gulfshore Playhouse with a donation of Synexis™ systems. This innovative technology – proven to kill airborne and surface bacteria and viruses using a low level of dry hydrogen peroxide – has been used in the Naples Landmark hospital and all Arthrex facilities to successfully protect employees and visitors throughout the pandemic. Mobile Synexis units will be positioned strategically throughout the lobby and theatre. For more information on Synexis: https://synexis.com/science/
- Touchless hand sanitizing stations will be available at various points in the building.
- Prior to and following each performance, the audience chamber will be disinfected with an Electrostatic Sprayer.
- All common areas, such as bathrooms and lobby surfaces, will be disinfected before each performance.
- The Norris Center HVAC system was replaced in 2019 and is maintained quarterly by the City of Naples.