A Note to Our Community Regarding COVID-19
On behalf of the entire Gulfshore Playhouse team, I want to assure you that during this time of uncertainty, we remain committed to the safety and security of our patrons, visitors, volunteers, artists, and employees.
We expect that our ongoing programs, productions, and operations will continue without disruption, and are continuing to monitor this fast-developing situation.
To help us keep our environment a healthy one, our management has provided staff with CDC resources for more information and best practices. We are encouraging everyone to follow CDC guidelines to regularly wash their hands, cover a cough or sneeze, and remain at home when feeling unwell.
We remain proactive in our approach and have put in place thoughtful precautions to ensure safety is of the highest priority. To that end, we have implemented the following:
- We have increased the frequency and level of cleaning of the public spaces within The Norris Center, including before and after each performance, and during intermission;
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, disinfecting wipes, and tissues have been placed throughout the building;
- We are limiting access into the theatre to one point of entry to lessen contact with surfaces;
- Patrons are being asked to simply show their tickets to ushers rather than provide the tear off portion;
- Programs are not being re-used; and
- All ticket exchange fees are being waived for anyone wishing to reschedule to a later date.
Above all, we are committed to a sense of calm and normalcy. Our mission has always been to create art that inspires the heart, expands imagination, challenges the senses, provokes discussion, and revitalizes in our audience an understanding of our common humanity. In the midst of difficulty, our community has always rallied to support one another, and we will continue to be a ray of light for those in need of joy and laughter.
Thank you for continuing to support Gulfshore Playhouse, and thank you for your help in keeping our community safe and healthy!
Founder and Producing Artistic Director