Gulfshore Playhouse, a not-for-profit, professional theatre company located in Naples, Florida, is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented and experienced individual to serve as Assistant to the Producing Artistic Director.
Located in Naples, Florida, Gulfshore Playhouse was founded in 2004 and has experienced
fourteen years of explosive growth based upon production and arts-education success. From modest beginnings, the organization today has a 9 month production season, extensive educational and public programs that engage both underserved and prosperous segments of the community, an annual budget of $4.2m, a 13 member Board, 32 full-time staff, roughly 100 volunteers, more 1300 subscribers, and an annual attendance of approximately30,000.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200 seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. A $10m challenge gift from long–time benefactors Patty and Jay Baker was announced in 2016 to seed a sustaining endowment and ignite a multi-million dollar capital campaign to build a state-of-the-art professional theatre and education center in downtown Naples.
Status: Full-time, year round
Start Date: May 2019
- Supporting the Producing Artistic Director in various ways including but not limited to:
- Email support which includes reading, responding, and distribution of information
- Calendar management
- Daily upkeep of reminders
- Meeting preparation
- Interacting with staff and distributing information
- Organizing staff occasions such as check-in meetings, company meetings, staff trainings, and updates
- Attending rehearsals and many meetings in order to support the Producing Artistic Director in real time with email management, company communication, and distribution of information;
- Taking notes to support the rehearsal process;
- Assisting in Development department projects, such as event brainstorming and preparation, supervision or execution of creation of mailing lists, RSVP lists, invitation distribution, or solicitation/thank you letters;
- Assisting Front of House and Opening Night duties as required;
The ideal candidate will have a willingness to ensure high-quality work, excellent communication and organizational skills, and leadership capabilities. The Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. The Assistant to the Producing Artistic Director will be expected to work extended hours when necessary to meet goals. Some weekend and evening hours are required including attendance at Opening Nights and show performances, special events, and/or meetings that may happen outside normal hours.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Ability to work with a team and build relationships with the staff, audience, and community
- Comfort with ticketing software and Microsoft Excel, Google Drive, Calendar, and Docs a must
- Comfort with interfacing with patrons, ushers, donors, and board members alike
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of references to email@example.com. Background checks will be performed on all applicants.