Gulfshore Playhouse, a not-for-profit, professional theatre company located in Naples, Florida, is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented and experienced individual to serve as Capital Campaign Director.
Located in Naples, Florida, Gulfshore Playhouse was founded in 2004 and has experienced
fourteen years of explosive growth based upon production and arts-education success. From modest beginnings, the organization today has a 9 month production season, extensive educational and public programs that engage both underserved and prosperous segments of the community, an annual budget of $4.2m, a 13 member Board, 32 full-time staff, roughly 100 volunteers, more 1300 subscribers, and an annual attendance of approximately 30,000.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200 seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. A $10m challenge gift from long–time benefactors Patty and Jay Baker was announced in 2016 to seed a sustaining endowment and Ignite a multi-million dollar capital campaign to build a state-of-the-art professional theatre and education center in downtown Naples.
Status: Full-time, year-round position
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Cultivation and Solicitation
- Develop and execute target cultivation plans
- Work with Producing Artistic Director, the Chair of the Capital Campaign, staff, and members of the Committee and Board, to cultivate prospects
- Refine, prepare, and execute solicitation strategies and presentations
- Participate in solicitations
- Implement donor acknowledgement and recognition process
- Cultivate donor relationships at Opening Night Performances, Greeting at the theatre, and attending other events as recommended by the Producing Artistic Director
- Capital Campaign Strategy and Planning
- Help lead the strategy, development, and planning of the campaign, working collaboratively with the Producing Artistic Director, Chairman of the Capital Campaign, and Capital Campaign Leadership Team.
- Capital Campaign Management
- Manage and the Capital Campaign
- Develop and Manage campaign prospect lists, including research and tracking
- Schedule and prepare materials for capital campaign meetings
- Oversight of the campaign budget
- Capital Campaign Reporting
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the Producing Artistic Director, Managing Director and the Capital Campaign Leadership Team
- Capital Campaign Communications
- Plan and create cultivation and recognition events, in conjunction with the Events Manager and Director of Development
- Collaborate with staff and Capital Campaign consultant to develop capital campaign print, web, and social media communications materials
- Any other duties as assigned by the Producing Artistic Director
The ideal candidate will be self-organized, charismatic, and meticulous, with a proven track record of successful fundraising, particularly capital campaign, management, a drive to ensure high-quality work in every aspect of development, excellent communication and organizational skills, and leadership capabilities. The Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. The Capital Campaign Director will be expected to work extended hours when necessary to meet goals. Weekend and evening hours are required including attendance at Opening Nights, special events, and/or meetings that may happen outside normal hours.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Demonstrated ability to close high six-figure gifts
- Ability to organize self and others amidst an active capital campaign
- Ten or moreyears of experience in development, Capital Campaign experience a plus
- Comfort with current development software such as Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Excel, Google Drive, Calendar, and Docs, and ticketing software
- Comfortable with interfacing with patrons, donors, and board members alike
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of references to email@example.com. Background checks will be performed on all applicants.