GULFSHORE PLAYHOUSE SEEKS CHIEF DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Gulfshore Playhouse, a not-for-profit, professional theatre company located in Naples, Florida, is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented and experienced individual to serve as Chief Development Officer.
Located in Naples, Florida, Gulfshore Playhouse was founded in 2004 and has experienced thirteen years of explosive growth based in artistic and arts-education success. From modest beginnings, the organization today has a 9 month season, extensive educational and public programs that engage both underserved and prosperous segments of the community, an annual budget of $3.5m, a 13 member Board, 28 full-time staff, roughly 100 volunteers, about 1300 subscribers, and an annual attendance of about 100,000.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200 seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. A $10m challenge gift from long–time benefactors Patty and Jay Baker was announced in 2016 to seed a sustaining endowment and ignite a $45 million capital campaign to build a state-of-the-art professional theatre and education center in downtown Naples.
Status: Full-time, year-round position
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Overseeing Development Department and all aspects of GP’s fundraising efforts
- Ensuring philanthropy and fund development are carried out in keeping with the organization’s values, missions, vision, and plans
- Capital Campaign Meetings and Asks
- Following up with donors and prospects with regard to the Capital Campaign
- Leading development department and committee meetings
- Leveraging the Senior Management Team’s time and that of key Board Members in cultivating high-potential donors and prospects
- Providing leadership and organizational acumen to all phases of the development effort
- Creating the processes and procedures of the Development Department with supervision and guidance throughout
- Overseeing the preparation of high-quality donor correspondence, reports, mailings, and acknowledgements required to support ongoing fundraising activities
- Signing letters and acknowledgements
- Attending board meetings
- Board interaction
- Any other duties as assigned by the Producing Artistic Director
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successful fundraising management, a willingness to ensure high-quality work in every aspect of development, excellent communication and organizational skills, and leadership capabilities. The Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. The Chief Development Officer will be expected to work extended hours when necessary to meet goals. Weekend and evening hours are required including attendance at Opening Nights, special events, and/or meetings that may happen outside normal hours.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Demonstrated ability to close high six-figure gifts
- Ability to organize self and others amidst an active capital and annual campaign
- Ten or more years of experience in development, Capital Campaign experience a plus
- Comfort with current development software such as Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Excel, Google Drive, Calendar, and Docs, and ticketing software
- Comfortable with interfacing with patrons, donors, and board members alike
Commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of references to email@example.com. Background checks will be performed on all applicants.