STAR Academy: Annie
Annie is by-audition only.
Rehearsals: Mon/Wed beginning Sept. 20, 2021
Performances: December 16-18
In one of the best-loved musicals of all time, plucky orphan Annie charms everyone’s hearts in her journey to find her family. Featuring some of theatre’s most iconic songs and characters, Annie will have you grinning from ear to ear.
Students aged 8-18 have the opportunity to rehearse and perform this iconic musical in the STAR Academy after-school theatre class! During this intensive program, you will receive training in acting, singing, and dancing under the tutelage of professional teaching artists. No prior performance experience is required to audition, but students participating in this program will be expected to learn, grow, and become part of a professional arts community.
Whether you are a soon-to-be graduating high school student hoping to gain performance experience for your college resume or a theatre-lover looking to step onto the stage for the first time, there is a place for you here.
“Annie” is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. www.mtishows.com.
For questions or more information, contact Steven Calakos at [email protected]
– Auditions: September 7, 2021 –
- Please bring a headshot and resume, if possible.
- You may sing two musical theatre selections or 1 song and 1 monologue.
- A monologue no longer than one minute. Memorization is preferred. The character in the monologue should be one of the same age and gender as the actor.
- The song, or part of a song, should be no longer than two minutes and should demonstrate the singer’s range.
- Please bring sheet music in the correct key. An accompanist will be provided.
- There will be a dance call – please bring/wear movement clothes.
Please fill out this Pre-Audition form to register for your audition:
– Kizzie’s Kids Scholarship Fund –
Need-based scholarships applications are currently being accepted.
COVID-19 Safety Procedures
- Student temperatures will be taken upon arrival;
- Students will rehearse in groups of 10 or fewer;
- Students and staff will wear face coverings at all times.