Spring 2021 Theatre Class
Students of all experience levels are invited to participate in these amazing after-school theatre classes taught by experienced theatre professionals. Participants will learn about singing, acting, and dancing on the stage through performance in the cult classic Little Shop of Horrors.
For questions or more information, contact Steven Calakos at [email protected]
Little Shop of Horrors
Book & Lyrics by Howard Ashman; Music by Alan Menken
Auditions: January 19, 2021
Audition Callbacks: January 20 from 5PM-7PM
Rehearsals: February 8-May 12; Monday/Wednesday from 5PM-8PM
Performances: May 15-22
Hapless shopkeep Seymour brings prosperity to his run-down flower shop when he obtains a mysterious and rare plant. In this comedy rock musical, prosperity quickly turns to horror as Seymour learns the plant only hungers for one thing – human blood! Adapted from the cult classic film, Little Shop of Horrors has devoured the hearts of theatregoers for over 30 years. STAR Academy students aged 13-18 now have the opportunity to take on this colorful cast of characters while refining their skills in musical theatre performance!
Auditions: January 19 from 5PM-8PM at the Norris Center (755 8th Avenue South). Face coverings must be worn at all times except during the audition.
- Please bring a headshot and resume, if possible.
- You may sing two musical theatre selections or 1 song and 1 monologue.
- A monologue no longer than one minute. Memorization is preferred. The character in the monologue should be one of the same age and gender as the actor.
- The song, or part of a song, should be no longer than two minutes and should demonstrate the singer’s range.
- Please bring sheet music in the correct key. An accompanist will be provided.
Please fill out this Pre-Audition form to register for your audition:
Need-based scholarships applications are currently being accepted.
COVID-19 Safety Procedures
- Student temperatures will be taken upon arrival;
- Students will rehearse in groups of 10 or fewer;
- Students and staff will wear face coverings at all times.