Gulfshore Playhouse, a not-for-profit, professional theatre company located in Naples, Florida, is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented and experienced individual to serve as Marketing Manager. Gulfshore Playhouse offers a diverse season of straight plays and musical fare ranging from venerated classics and Broadway hits to contemporary plays and world premieres. The Playhouse is passionately committed to producing high-quality, professional theatre which exceeds the expectations of the cultured residents and visitors of Naples, FL, many of whom are regular theatre patrons in New York, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C. Founded in 2004, the company produces in a 200-seat house with a seasonal staff of 26, and a year-round staff of 15. The Playhouse budget, currently just over $3M has grown 850% since 2009. The Playhouse recently announced a $10M matching gift given by local philanthropists Patty and Jay Baker, which kicks off a capital campaign designed to result in a state-of-the art theatre center featuring a 400-seat mainstage, a 175-seat studio and an education wing.
Status: Full-time, year-round position
Start Date: As soon as possible
Gulfshore Playhouse seeks a Marketing Manager to join our senior management team. The position is responsible for the leadership and management of the company’s overall marketing, advertising, and public relations initiatives, as well as for the effective promotion of each unique production, including messaging, marketing, advertising, and web and social media strategies.
The Marketing Manager reports to the Managing Director, and interfaces with senior management and others throughout the organization at strategic levels in order to determine internal marketing needs and translate them into strong and consistent messages. The position supervises the Audience Services Manager as well as a contract web designer/master, graphic designer, and adjunct marketing firm.
- Plan and execute a marketing plan to reach goals.
- Collaborate with the Producing Artistic Director and Managing Director to manage and execute the presentation and promotion the Playhouse’s mission, artistic vision, and image, both internally and in the community.
- Development and oversight of overall marketing strategy for the organization.
- Oversight of all media buys, trades, and other opportunities.
- Provide creative direction and execute all marketing collateral and advertising campaigns for productions.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with local and national press and media contacts.
- Engender a positive team environment.
- Collaborate with Development to ensure integrated messaging.
- Develop and manage various marketing budgets.
- Oversee and manage all show program advertising sales.
- Establish strong relationships and collaborations with community leaders, chambers of commerce, business associations, and the theatre community.
- Help with events as necessary.
- Manage, track, and plan campaigns.
- Create exclusive media or partner opportunities as part of the overall strategy for each season.
- Collaborate with the audience services manager on all public and subscription sales campaigns, as well as group sales strategies.
- Play a prime role in charting strategy and a promotional action plan for Capital Campaign.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- A proven track record in the development, execution, and management of creative and successful marketing and sales programs for a professional performing arts entity, preferably a theatre.
- In-depth knowledge of pricing, statistics, and analytics; media buying; target marketing strategies; branding; and audience development.
- Advanced knowledge of social media and the available platforms, social media advertising, and email marketing implementation and tracking.
- Effective operational and strategic management skills in order to manage and motivate a staff in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to effectively represent the Playhouse in public.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and graphic evaluation skills.
- The ability to create and implement a balanced budget.
- Excellent computer skills along with knowledge of ticketing software and the MS Office suite.
- At least five years of increasingly responsible and successful employment in marketing and public relations, in a professional theatre or other professional performing arts environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, communications, and/or journalism. A degree in theatre is also highly desirable.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Background checks will be performed on all applicants.